Ultimate Survival Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 74 on Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:07 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this month
No user

Affiliates
free forum

.22 Long Rifles: The Underestimated Round of the World.

2 posters

Go down

.22 Long Rifles: The Underestimated Round of the World. Empty .22 Long Rifles: The Underestimated Round of the World.

Post by Infidel Jax Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:49 pm

This is looking for opinions from all on the 22lr round. You have probably heard or read all the arguments. Things like "the 22lr does not have enough power" or "I want something that reaches 1500 yards". But what the average person does not realize is a well placed 22 can be just as deadly as any other bullet. Just not all the splatter or gore. Plus ammo for all these high power weapons are not only are heavy to carry. But also take valuable space needed for other things. With this in mind. I GOTTA SAY IT. The jokers that wanna carry things like the Barret Rifle in 50 caliber BMG just kill me. I worked on those fuckers. I know from first hand experience that the weapon alone weighs a shitting ton. Then lets figure the size and weight of the bullet. Major case of get real. The ONLY reason I even continue to work on them is because the money is good. lol. Makes that 22lr way more appealing in more ways then one. Plus another point of order. ANY bullet that can punch through a 1/4 inch board can punch a hole in the human skull within a 100 yard range with ease. Anything past 100 yards is nothing but a waste of ammo because unless zombies have learned to use a scope and rifle, its not gonna know your there unless you get a boom box and blare METALLICA. I mean if the KGB in the Soviet Union could figure this out. why cant the average American? Sometimes BIGGER is not always better when it cuts down your chances of survival and your normal speed to get clear of a situation. So with all this said. Let the opinions begin.
Infidel Jax
Infidel Jax
Thirsty
Thirsty

Back to top Go down

.22 Long Rifles: The Underestimated Round of the World. Empty Re: .22 Long Rifles: The Underestimated Round of the World.

Post by Preacher Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:53 pm

Infidel Rhino wrote:This is looking for opinions from all on the 22lr round. You have probably heard or read all the arguments. Things like "the 22lr does not have enough power" or "I want something that reaches 1500 yards". But what the average person does not realize is a well placed 22 can be just as deadly as any other bullet. Just not all the splatter or gore. Plus ammo for all these high power weapons are not only are heavy to carry. But also take valuable space needed for other things. With this in mind. I GOTTA SAY IT. The jokers that wanna carry things like the Barret Rifle in 50 caliber BMG just kill me. I worked on those fuckers. I know from first hand experience that the weapon alone weighs a shitting ton. Then lets figure the size and weight of the bullet. Major case of get real. The ONLY reason I even continue to work on them is because the money is good. lol. Makes that 22lr way more appealing in more ways then one. Plus another point of order. ANY bullet that can punch through a 1/4 inch board can punch a hole in the human skull within a 100 yard range with ease. Anything past 100 yards is nothing but a waste of ammo because unless zombies have learned to use a scope and rifle, its not gonna know your there unless you get a boom box and blare METALLICA. I mean if the KGB in the Soviet Union could figure this out. why cant the average American? Sometimes BIGGER is not always better when it cuts down your chances of survival and your normal speed to get clear of a situation. So with all this said. Let the opinions begin.

I am with ya on this one but what if you come across non-zombies that are trying to raid you? Longer shots then would count. BTW, get at me on FB when you get a chance so I can ask you something. It is about the new site and you. We got something big planned and you are part of it to work.
Preacher
Preacher
Thirsty
Thirsty

http://www.ultimatesurvivalnetwork.com

Back to top Go down

.22 Long Rifles: The Underestimated Round of the World. Empty Re: .22 Long Rifles: The Underestimated Round of the World.

Post by Infidel Jax Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:11 am

a lot of people mistake the 2000 yard range for real life. the fact is. real life has obstructions. obstacles. things to hide behind. in the city it cars and buildings. in the country, trees and other natural things making that kind of shot harder. plus i dont see a potential shooter shooting me from that range and risking losing my stuff to someone just happening by my dead body while he walks or runs 2000 to 1500 yards to me. a lot of time can pass between those points. so with this in mind and all the cover around. they will more then likely engage at a shorter distance. like withing 100 yards or less. if i was going to lay low and jump a man for his goods. that is what i would do. reason being it takes less time to walk or run 100 yards or less then it does 1000 to 2000 yards or more. and anything within 100 yards. a 22 can take out just as easy as a high powered rifle can and with more ammo to use.
Infidel Jax
Infidel Jax
Thirsty
Thirsty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down